Sunday, February 18, 2007

Teacher Shadowing

So as most of you know, my major here in college is theatre education, which means as a career I'll be teaching high school theatre. As part of the education program, you have to go and do a certain amount of hours in actual high schools during the semester, and every semester is increases. This semester I have to do six hours. Three of the hours I go into a classroom and just observe: that's teacher shadowing. Then the other three hours is actually me teaching the class. So I'm a little nervous, because I'll have to do that soon, but hopefully it should be good.
Anyway, so this last Friday I went and did a little of my shadowing hours at a local school called Mountain View. It was really interesting to go and watch this tech class, and the teacher was actually a student teacher herself. But it was interesting. But what this blog is really about, is what was next. The class ended, and I was going to leave as the next class was starting, but then I saw something that made me want to stay longer: a deaf interpreter! I'm totally mesmerized by ASL interpreters, because I know a little and so I just get completely caught up in what they're saying and I completely lose track of whatever else is going on in the world, like the teacher I'm supposed to be observing. But I love ASL! I'm not very good at it, and have a very limited vocabulary, but I love it nonetheless!!!!!!!

No comments: