Saturday, February 3, 2007

I have no control, but hey, I'm happy with who I am


Ok, so I've done it again. But it's not my fault this time!! It was totally my friend! She introduced me to a new TV show. I know you've all heard about it. It's called "24". Yeah, I know. It's really popular right now and everybody seems to watch it and love it and thinks that Jack Bauer is the greatest character ever created. Even one of my professor's went off one day in class on a tangent about how "24" is the greatest show ever and Jack Bauer is completely the man. It was really hilarious. But, I didn't really care: talk wasn't enough to get me to actually watch it; though my interest was peaked, not enough for me to go and seek it out. Plus, I have no TV so I can't watch the current ones anyway. And, I really don't need another obsession.
Well, that was all fine and dandy and worked perfectly, until I started hanging out more with a friend of mine. Oh man. We ended up making a deal one night, I would watch "24" if she watched something I picked. Long story. Anyway, I agreed to it because I'd been interested, and if it was torture, I only had to watch the first two episodes: I could handle that. My friend chose that show because she said she knew I would love it. Well, unfortunately for me to say, I guess I'm very predictable. Because I do really like it. Last night, my friend and I stayed up till 2:30 finishing the first season. I know, the entire time, before, during, and after, I'm thinking "You're wasting your life away. You have so much to do." I realize this of course; but then the other side of me says to the first side "Oh well. This is great! Give me more!!". So, you can obviously see which side has more influence on my actions.
Anyhow, it turned out to be really good, and I really like it. I like the whole action, suspense, secret government section, kick-butt main character type of show. It's kind of like "Alias". So, you guys might all like it, because it is pretty good. Though, probably a lot funnier when you've got someone there with you who's seen all the seasons and makes little comments about the Jack Bauer euphemisms. It's very funny.
But, if any of you are thinking about checking it out, I'll be honest. Starting it, I was like "This is good. Just, good." I didn't really see the whole amazing Jack image everyone keeps going on and on about and quoting. But, then I saw it in the last episode of the season. Exactly what everyone was talking about. And I have to say, at that moment, I was like "Jack is the man. I love Jack." It was pretty cool, and apparently, that was just the beginning from the rest of the seasons. That's to be expected.
So yeah. If you keep going in the first season, you'll really like it. Some things are totally unexpected. Anyway, that was a really long blog, but you can all now obviously see what's on my mind, and I'll tell ya, it ain't homework. Which, is a really bad state of mind to be in. But, I'm in it and kinda like it. :)
So, check it out, or not. But either way, thanks for getting to know me a little better by reading this, and have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"There's no time!" You've only just begun, my friend. You've only just begun.