Friday, February 2, 2007

Children



Ok, so I found this really cool quote when I was reading a book today that really struck me. I completely agree with it. I love children so much, and look so highly upon them, that this quote just meant a lot to me. It's by Bruce D. Porter, from a book called "The King of Kings":

"And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof" (Zechariah 8:3). That verse for me has ever since personified the joy and peace of the earth's Sabbath day- a time to come in which children will grow up free from fear, from neglect and abuse, from darkness and ignorance; a time in which the little ones of the world will live under the seal of a higher law and a loving Lord. I yearn for the day when in every village and city of the world, boys and girls will play in innocence, and every child know the peace of a happy home. For me, that is the Millennium.

That just stirs up such emotions in me. I hope you all like it too.

No comments: